PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cragdhack

Might Stick Around
Aug 31, 2021
Romania
Greetings!

New pipe smoker here, only started a few days ago. Decided to go for it, since I had tried a small variety of cigars before and enjoyed the idea of different experiences coming from different leaves. Was even more giddy when I looked into pipe smoking and its intricacies, some of which I have found out through posts on here.

I'm pleased to meet you all and I'm looking forward to being part of the community.

For context:
Pipe: Angelo 13 Briar - Meerschaum
First tobacco: Robert McConnell Latakia Flake

Received as a gift some Mac Baren's Original Choice and am waiting for a tin of Rattray's Blossom Temptation.

(I know that particular jar isn't the best, will soon get proper sealed ones)

1630393455544.jpeg

Last edited:

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Welcome from KC in the USA!! Pipe smoking is much more difficult to pick up that cigar/cigarette smoking. Take you time and learn a packing method that suits you. And above all smoke the pipe slowly, There is zero shame in relighting as many times as it takes.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
good start it seems. Yes pipes are in my opinion vastly more interesting then other tobacco styles. Though if it picked up more steam snuff could be just as interesting. Mostly snuff is made from burly because it takes one scents really well, however back in the day it was more like pipes are now. Lots of variety from aromatics to blends that are lightly scented and very tobacco forward.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Welcome from KC in the USA!! Pipe smoking is much more difficult to pick up that cigar/cigarette smoking. Take you time and learn a packing method that suits you. And above all smoke the pipe slowly, There is zero shame in relighting as many times as it takes.
this is why pipe smoking is seen as sophisticated. Because you can't just pick it up and wing it, well you can but the results will not be as pleasing.

Reactions: cragdhack
Status
Not open for further replies.