Greetings from Rhinestone City, aka Nashville.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. Too young is better than too old...I didn't start smoking a pipe until I was 33. Absolutely kicking myself about it...all the fantastic experiences I missed out prior to it! Oh well.

Enjoy the forum, lots of great information on here, although no known cures for PAD or TAD, unfortunately.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
G'day and welcome from Oz.

At 15yo I smoked a pipe for a short time. It's a big regret that I didn't stick with it.
If only I had an older pipe smoker to show me the ropes.

At least I finally switched from cigs to a pipe over 11 years ago. Better late than never.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina. I've been to Nashville, once just during a break off a long bus ride when I ended up strolling past a very closed Ryman (sp?) Auditorium, but a second visit on business when I was on per diem at Opryland, with a jungle boat ride operated in the basement. One of the guitar works had a workshop as a tourist attraction.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Folks from Tennessee may want to read the novel by Peter Taylor that won the Pulitzer Prize in 1987, A Summons From Memphis. It's about a proud old man who is disgraced in a business deal and moves his family to a different city to save face. It delineates the cultural differences between different cities and sections of Tennessee, but most of all explores the odd turns of family politics and dynamics, and the turns within the human heart. I think Taylor is most esteemed for his short stories, but he hit a home run late in his career with this one.

Reactions: Home Brewing Piper
Sep 4, 2019
East TN
Folks from Tennessee may want to read the novel by Peter Taylor that won the Pulitzer Prize in 1987, A Summons From Memphis. It's about a proud old man who is disgraced in a business deal and moves his family to a different city to save face. It delineates the cultural differences between different cities and sections of Tennessee, but most of all explores the odd turns of family politics and dynamics, and the turns within the human heart. I think Taylor is most esteemed for his short stories, but he hit a home run late in his career with this one.
Everyone knows the Eastern Division is the best... the Plateau and the River Plain... meh......
Gotta love regional prejudice!

• Love
Reactions: lochinvar
Status
Not open for further replies.