PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C. Life on the road is a mixed blessing. At one stretch in my life I think I actually took up residence (if you could call it that) about nine times in as many years, in terms of a mailing address. Later I had some regular business travel. I always kept my nose to the grindstone with school and/or work, but I found it seemed less numbing if I made a point of seeing something I'd see as a tourist, to get a feel for the places. I can't remember much of the details of the jobs themselves associated with the places, but the tourist stops, often done at breakneck speed between shifts, I remember vividly. The Indy 500 Track, Independence Hall and the mint in Philly, Bremerton Island out of Seattle, and so forth. It makes the hauling around feel like an adventure.

Last edited:

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Oh for sure. I haven't smoked a red since 2013 or so. Can't even stand the smell of them now lol. In my opinion cigarettes have been awful since they first started the dreaded FSC or fire safety cigarette. They just tasted plum dam awful after that but the nicotine hook keeps you smoking them.
G'day and welcome from Oz.

Over 11 years ago I switched from a 35 year, 30-40 a day cig addiction.

Tailor-made cigarettes have a staggering 300-600 added chemicals, some of which are as addictive [if not more so] than the nicotine itself.

It must be the added chemicals that make cigarettes smell so unpleasant.
Every morning upon awakening I'd smell stale cigarette smoke.
Now I rarely smell stale smoke in my home [and when I do it's barely a hint that's not the least bit foul]

Status
Not open for further replies.