PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Hello All. I've been an on again off again pipe smoker for about twenty years now. Began in my mid thirties. I like cigars as well, so during my off times for the pipe I was usually focused on cigars. Now I do a little of both, but mostly pipes these days. I like mostly light aromatics and some Virginia's. I've tried over the years to like English blends, but they just don't seem to click. Mac Baren's Scottish blend is one of my favorites, Lanes 1Q and most Vanilla blends, and I like McClellands Virginias. Although only two tins left so when they're gone they're gone. I've lurked on here for a while and really like the tips and information here.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
Welcome! Omaha is my home town, used to get cigars at SG Roi tobacco in the Old Market when I was a kid (like 13-14). I loved sniffing the pipe tobacco they had, but I didn't have a pipe yet.

Reactions: tomnernas2ndson

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Welcome! Omaha is my home town, used to get cigars at SG Roi tobacco in the Old Market when I was a kid (like 13-14). I loved sniffing the pipe tobacco they had, but I didn't have a pipe yet.
Yes, SG Roi's is great. It's been there for years. I still love going in there for cigars. I haven't been in the Old Market for a while now that most things are locked down. I sure hope they can remain in business after all this.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, from a native Chicago-lander. Nebraska is the home place of the renown nineteenth and twentieth century poet John Neihardt, poet of the plains. My wife and I both heard him at University of Missouri, Columbia, when he was in his nineties, and would like to be able to visit his birthplace or home place. Also the home state of Johnny Carson, the TV legend. Not to mention Warren Buffet.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..

Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.
I just updated my profile. Thanks! Speaking of Central California, I went to Napa a few years back for my 50th birthday. Girlfriend and I had a wonderful time. Beautiful country there.

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, from a native Chicago-lander. Nebraska is the home place of the renown nineteenth and twentieth century poet John Neihardt, poet of the plains. My wife and I both heard him at University of Missouri, Columbia, when he was in his nineties, and would like to be able to visit his birthplace or home place. Also the home state of Johnny Carson, the TV legend. Not to mention Warren Buffet.
Yes, Black Elk Speaks is a great book. It's been many years since I've read it. I actually went through Coast Guard air crew training in Elizabeth City North Carolina in my youth. Really beautiful area on the Albemarle Sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.