Greetings from North Central Iowa! (AKA the Arctic Circle)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Hey everyone..
I have lurked on here getting information on pipes etc many times... so much that I even recognize some of the screen names I see (haha).
So I finally joined.. been smoking a pipe for about 3 years now.

My wife and I at Badlands National Park in September:

My main squeeze is Peterson pipes. (besides my beautiful wife of course, who also smokes a pipe from time to time but likes to think she does it more often.)
I have many other pipes: Danish, English, French, etc.... I've traded off a lot of my collection for Peterson's though. Even some pretty high end pipes!
For the money I haven't found a better quality or smoking pipe. Plus my mother is very into her Irish heritage so it's also just plain cool that they are from the Emerald Isle.

For tobaccos I like most Coin or Sliced tobaccos, as long as they don't contain Latakia! Not a big fan of Latakia or English blends. I seem to like Kentucky quite a bit.. some of my favorites are Dark Twist, Three Nuns Green, G&H Kentucky Nougat, or Newminster Imperial Nougat. Also like VaPers and Navy Flakes of all kinds, but also Mac Baren flakes like Modern Virginia or Vanilla Flake. I have quite a cellar of tobaccos but I'm trying to narrow it down a bit as it's getting out of control. The problem is the jarred tobacco and space... tins aren't such a big deal. I might have over 100 different blends.. maybe more? Some I have bought tinned and haven't tried yet.

To make a long ramble short: I'm Brian and I like Peterson pipes and various tobaccos! ;)

if you are from Iowa feel free to say so! I haven't met anyone locally at all that smokes a pipe.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Welcome from Seattle.
Yep, you are ready to join the forum. All the symptoms are there, particularly advancing TAD and PAD.
This picture was actually on the way to Seattle for my wife's sister's wedding!
Ever been to the Market Tobacco Patch by Pike Market?
I got a really nice Peterson Natural Deluxe System 20s there!

yes I have the pipe disease.... bad. Some weeks I get lots of packages any my wife gets irritated ;)

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
thanks guys! I joined the reddit pipesmoking community and it's a little odd to say the least.
I feel a little more comfortable here. ;)

Reactions: Bowie

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from northern Illinois. Been camping a few times at the Yellow River State forest north of Dubuque.

Reactions: BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Welcome from northern Illinois. Been camping a few times at the Yellow River State forest north of Dubuque.
I actually don't believe I've been there!
Mines of Spain are kind of cool.. Effigy Mounds are cool too!

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Queen_City_Welcome.jpg

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
it's become a lot worse here weather wise. We used to have nice seasons and could actually go out hiking and whatnot.. now it's unbearable and the bugs are out of control! Weather patterns have really changed the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.