PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
Welcome aboard my friend! I’m from Bel Air (Harford Co). Have been a member of the Chesapeake Pipe Club for years. They’re based out of Baltimore and were meeting at The Humidour in Cockeysville before the pandemic hit. Currently, they meet on Zoom every Thursday evening. If you are interested in checking out a meeting, send me a PM and I can put you in contact with the guy who runs the Zoom meetings. It’s not quite the same as meeting in person, but it’s still pretty fun, and they have a lot of pipe makers and tobacconists drop in as special guests. Take care and happy smokes!

-Scott

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone! I'm Rookie, just a hard working father, son, brother, husband, and veteran from Baltimore. I've been smoking a pipe now for almost a year. That's pretty close to knowing what I'm doing.
So far, I very much like OTC burley blends the best. Virginias, I'll wait until my cellar has some more age on it to see for sure. There's definitely a time and place for English (Latakia) blends. And I'm slowly warming up to aromatics. Pipes, I've been doing good battling PAD.

That's about all I can think of. Anything else, I'm pretty much an open book. I look forward to new friends here!
58c481.jpg

We have a pretty nice corner of the internet here. Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: RookieGuy

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Welcome from the New Jersey Shore!

Nothing wrong with starting out with the “good stuff” and then circling back. There’s nothing more relaxing than OTC burley. I only wish I could recommend one.

RookieGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2021
Maryland
Welcome from the New Jersey Shore!

Nothing wrong with starting out with the “good stuff” and then circling back. There’s nothing more relaxing than OTC burley. I only wish I could recommend one.
I wish there were more out there to choose from. Reading old Battles of the Codgers threads pulled up from the net were always a good read. And the good stuff, it's amazing how good the cheap stuff is! I learned my lesson too late. 3 tubs of Carter Hall in my SP cart. A couple days before payday, they announce they're ceasing production. But that's ok in the long run. In the meantime, I can add Five Bros to some C&D burleys and scratch that itch for now.
View attachment 78529

We have a pretty nice corner of the internet here. Enjoy your stay!
Thank you! When I was young, my family visited Niagara Falls and Toronto. Toronto was beautiful in every way a city can be. Niagra was a tourist trap, but a remarkable experience. But what I remember most was camping out in the woods and it looking very much like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.