PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
I live in North Idaho. Been smoking cigars and pipes off and on from the late 1990s. Most of that time I was more into cigars, but have moved more to my pipes over the last couple years. I've lurked around a bit, mostly doing research on different pipes. Decided it was time to create an account.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
Jojoc, welcome to a great group! How are the smoking laws there? Restaurants still have a smoking section?

jojoc

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 10, 2019
Thanks all.
Trout - I am in Coeur d'Alene. Not much of a fisherman, but love that I get to live in this beautiful place.
Plug - unfortunately, Idaho has largely followed the smoking ban trend. Not nearly as restrictive as Washington, but has had about the same effect. As I recall the rule, basically, any place that serves food is subject to the ban. Has all but shut down indoor smoking. There is one cigar shop in Boise that you can smoke in, but there is really only room for about 4 people. In Coeur d'Alene we have two "private" clubs that allow smoking, but it can get expensive. One of them is over $100 per month and as I understand it, is unmanned. There is no associated shop or lounge. Membership simply grants you 24/7 access to the room with a provided locker. I am a member of the other, which ranges from $35-$55 per month, although they do offer a "day pass" if you spend about $10 in the shop first.

Status
Not open for further replies.