PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikhaelDavid

Lurker
Nov 5, 2019
Germany
Hello everyone,

I've been following the forum for a while now, I thought it is time to register and be more involved.

Although I've never been a smoker before, and I haven't met anyone who smokes a pipe in my life, around 5 months ago on my 34th birthday I decided to get myself a pipe. I love rituals and quiet moments, and a pipe seemed like something that would suit me. Plus Gandalf smoked one, that's enough appeal there :)

I thought I would enjoy aromatics, so tried a variety of highly rated blends, but for some reason they all felt "empty". Not satisfying at all. Lately I settled on English blends, and maybe a Scottish from time to time.
I am glad I picked up the hobby. It is meditative to have a bowl in the evening while listening to some music or reading.

I've definitely learned a lot from the forum, and had fun reading it. I would like to thank you all for forming this community!

I wish you all a great day!
David

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome from Florida. You might want to try a blend from Peter Heinrichs called Curly Block. It is a Virginia/Perique rope that is quite tasty. It is difficult to get here in the states but worth the chase.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Welcome! I'm an American living in Germany with my German wife and our sons. There are other Germans on the forum and even the non-Germans seem to be big fans of the tobacco here (HU especially). As far as I can tell Germany is one of the best places on the planet to be a pipe smoker.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Yet oddly enough when I was there for over a week in Stuttgart, Munich, and Berlin I saw ZERO people smoking pipes and people even remarked how odd it was to see me smoking a pipe. I asked if people smoked pipes there and the answer I got mostly was "Maybe some old men".

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Yet oddly enough when I was there for over a week in Stuttgart, Munich, and Berlin I saw ZERO people smoking pipes
Wow! Over a whole week!! Well, I stand corrected.

Again, welcome. The forum is a great resource. Much of what is posted is great. As with anything online there is also some worthless flotsam but the good information outweighs the bad.

Last edited:

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Wow! Over a whole week!! Well, I stand corrected.
I honestly expected to at least see some people with pipes.. even old men but I didn't ! Maybe it was just bad luck on my part or maybe I didn't go to areas where pipesmokers reside.

I saw people buying and smoking cigars... LOTS of cigarettes even rolling their own cigarettes a lot. But no pipes :(

Status
Not open for further replies.