PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagan_piper36

Lurker
Aug 28, 2021
First off, if you are taking the time to read this then I’d like to say thank you. From what I’ve seen so far, everyone in this group seems sincere and polite, and very generous when it comes to sharing their own experiences with the hobby to novice pipe smokers such as myself. I have been an on again/off again pipe smoker for the past 6 years or so. In the beginning I was pretty much only focused on acquiring a lot of different pipes, and filling them exclusively with anything in the Dunhill line. After about a year break from smoking, I just recently got back into it, and my focus now is trying the many different delicious blends there are. Having been a cigarette smoker for several years, I find myself really enjoying a stout burley blend, and I’m in the process of deciding on which burley blend will be my daily go-to smoke. I also am a sucker for VaPers. I find them mouth wateringly tasty, and the more Perique the better. I’m eager to learn all I can from my fellow pipe smokers, and I look forward to chatting with you all.
Thanks,
Steven

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from Southern California. Likewise, I'm in your same position, just sampling many different blends, one after another, like a conveyor belt. I find it a bit overwhelming at times, frankly! But there are far worse problems to have, I suppose. Imagine getting your temperature taken rectally with a churchwarden, or worse yet, working for the FDA. I shudder to think...

Anyway, you look like you're well on your way. Enjoy the journey!

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
G'day and welcome from Oz.

My advise is to stock up on bulk blends while you still can.
Tobacco, properly stored, keeps for decades; many blends improve with age.

Speaking of which; if you like VaPers, do yourself a huge favour and get yourself at least 1lb of Aj's VaPer and stick it in a jar for at least a year.

When I bought a pound I did not like it when fresh so I jarred and forgot about it for 3-4 years before I tried another bowl.
It's now one of my favourite non-aromatics.

pyratemate

Lurker
Feb 6, 2013
First off, if you are taking the time to read this then I’d like to say thank you. From what I’ve seen so far, everyone in this group seems sincere and polite, and very generous when it comes to sharing their own experiences with the hobby to novice pipe smokers such as myself. I have been an on again/off again pipe smoker for the past 6 years or so. In the beginning I was pretty much only focused on acquiring a lot of different pipes, and filling them exclusively with anything in the Dunhill line. After about a year break from smoking, I just recently got back into it, and my focus now is trying the many different delicious blends there are. Having been a cigarette smoker for several years, I find myself really enjoying a stout burley blend, and I’m in the process of deciding on which burley blend will be my daily go-to smoke. I also am a sucker for VaPers. I find them mouth wateringly tasty, and the more Perique the better. I’m eager to learn all I can from my fellow pipe smokers, and I look forward to chatting with you all.
Thanks,
Steven
Welcome aboard Steven!

Status
Not open for further replies.