PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CNMoose

Lurker
Aug 26, 2020
Eastern Townships, Quebec, Canada
Greeting forum,
I'm a new pipe smoker, long time cigar smoker. Call it a mid life crisis or whatever, but my memories of my dad smoking pipe when I was younger has been in my thoughts more and more, so I decided to take the plunge. The only problem is the lack of pipe smoking here in Quebec, Canada. I'm pretty limited to online shops, so I'm trying to read as much as I can and came across this forum. Glad to be here, and I have lots of reading to do...Cheers CNMoose

CNMoose

Lurker
Aug 26, 2020
Eastern Townships, Quebec, Canada
Hi yaddy306...I know the place...where I used to go to buy my cigars. But with the current working from home environment, I'm rarely travelling to Montreal to keep up with my cigar habit, so I turned to online stores. But when I travel next time into Montreal, Blatter & Blatter will be my first stop....plus I'm interested in trying their own tobacco blends they have. Cheers

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
To tell you the truth, I have never visited the shop. Knowing the price of a tin of tobacco in Canada, I'm not in a hurry to stop in there. But, I will, one of these days. Looking at their website, they seem to have a good selection of pipe tobacco. Cigar Emporium is in Byward Market; you'll enjoy it there. Check your mail, I sent you a PM.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Ask any question, make any observation….

You can put your location in your Profile—(please!—because people will forget!) and which will save questions in the future as to where you live when you later mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, etc., etc..
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state.

Reactions: peregrinus

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Greetings from Central FL. Glad you joined. I spent a bit of time in Montréal last December. Was surprised at the number of pipe smokers I ran across out and about in town. Never did make it to Blatter and Blatter. I hear it’s a nice shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.