PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
Just joined tonight and bought I’d introduce myself!

I’m a longtime cigar smoker, and my experience with pipes in the past about 20 years ago before the Internet forums and YouTube was very limited. I recently picked up a little starter pipe kit and tried a blend I won on the devil site aka cbid and thoroughly enjoyed it and the experience while watching some YouTube videos and learning about different blends and cellaring. I expect I will be off the deep end soon as I start trying more and find some better serviceable pipes!

I’m in my late 30s and know no one else that is into pipes, other than my dad who was but gave up tobacco many years ago.

I’m a combat vet, did my time overseas and I’m currently serving again in law enforcement.

I’m also a Colts fan. I was a longtime Bengals fan, but finally had enough of the Marvin Lewis era and the way the team is ran by Mike Brown!

Look forward to being here and learning as much as I can!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Welcome from Austin, Texas.

I'm a 7 year Army/Desert Storm vet. You and I could have been friends until you professed being a fan of the professional ball team from Indianapolis.... ?

I grew up in Baltimore and, when I was 15, "our" football team packed up in moving vans in the middle of the night and slunk away like vermin.

Nowadays, it is common for teams to move around but, back then, it was rather unheard of. And, certainly was not done in the fashion of a criminal act.

To this day, the Baltimore football game announcers will not say the C-word (not THAT one, you filthy bastards). Instead, they introduce them as "the professional ball team from Indianapolis".

Truth be told, all that I suffered was becoming not a sports fan. For the last 35 years, I've been able to put all of that time and money into other pursuits, so, no harm, no foul.

With all that aside, we are glad you are here. I'm a Bavarian Cream kind of fellow. What's YOUR favorite donut?
??

PS Grab a Savinelli pipe. Inexpensive & dependable starting point.

Reactions: DonutLuvr

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Welcome to the pipe world and the forums! You'll find everything you need by browsing the site sponsors listed in the left column of these pages. +1 on the Savinelli pipes recommendation.

Stay safe out there at work, and thank you for your service!

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio

I'm a 7 year Army/Desert Storm vet. You and I could have been friends until you professed being a fan of the professional ball team from Indianapolis.... ?

I grew up in Baltimore and, when I was 15, "our" football team packed up in moving vans in the middle of the night and slunk away like vermin.

Nowadays, it is common for teams to move around but, back then, it was rather unheard of. And, certainly was not done in the fashion of a criminal act.

To this day, the Baltimore football game announcers will not say the C-word (not THAT one, you filthy bastards). Instead, they introduce them as "the professional ball team from Indianapolis".

Truth be told, all that I suffered was becoming not a sports fan. For the last 35 years, I've been able to put all of that time and money into other pursuits, so, no harm, no foul.

With all that aside, we are glad you are here. I'm a Bavarian Cream kind of fellow. What's YOUR favorite donut?
??

View attachment 1876

??

View attachment 1876

Thank you for your service and pipe recommendation!

These days it is fairly common for teams to just uproot!

??

View attachment 1876

Thank you for your service as well and the pipe recommendation.

It is fairly common nowadays for teams to move. In the last 30 years there have been quite a few teams moving cities.

Favorite donut is a maple icing with bacon sprinkles!

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Hello from Virginia!

Army combat vet here (Desert Storm, Mogadishu). One of the greatest joys in life is a ‘plain old fashioned’ with coffee at the Dunkin’ Donuts. Of course you would know all about that being in law enforcement!

As for pro football, I grew up with the Redskins. John Riggins was my hero.

DonutLuvr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2019
Butler County, Ohio
Took some of the suggestions, couldn’t find everything in bulk but no big deal, got a few extras to make sure shipping was free!

Attachments

• C2694106-C7FE-4716-9010-A31B630E6F26.jpeg
    C2694106-C7FE-4716-9010-A31B630E6F26.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: jaytex1969
Status
Not open for further replies.