PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow, welcome, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I don't think we currently have any other active members living in China. China has a number of very passionate pipe collectors!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the forum from Florida.
You might want to try ordering from 4noggins and tobaccopipes. Both are adept at plain packaging to get through customs. I know a lot of the Canadian members here use both. I love SP but they aren't that great at getting through customs from what I hear.
Jesse, everyone knows that the Hub Of The Universe is Boston. Burbank........puuuulllleeeaaaasssseee.

monkeylyf

Lurker
Nov 1, 2018
@cigrmaster, thanks for recommending 4noggins and tobaccopipes. I ordered from SP for a few times. I'd say the plain packaging is not quite reliable in many ways: some parcel might take 2-3 months and when you are luck, it takes around 2 weeks. Usually I won't complain about the oversea shipping time cost as long as I can eventually lay my hands on it, but month-long shipping might effect the quality of the tobacco.

I just got my account created on tabaccopipes. The website looks fantastic to me. Maybe an order with Thanksgiving deal if any.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Welcome from Northern California. Where did you live when you were in the US? My wife is third generation Chinese American. Her Popo told me she started smoking when she was 13. She couldn’t start with cigarettes because her father rolled each morning and would know if she took one. Her grandmother was blind and had her pack a pipe and light it for her. So she would get a few puffs before handing it to her.
Not sure if you have seen this article?
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-smoking-lifestyle/profile-of-a-chinese-pipe-smoker-old-gan/

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
Buster, thanks for sharing the Old Gan article. Very enjoyable read.

anantaandroscoggin

Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
Welcome from the State of Maine !
Who was is that first said with devastating illogic: "Of course I am at the center of the Universe. After all, I cannot be in two places at once!"

pipesmokinglovertoo.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome to Forums. Some years ago, I bought a course on CD's about the 5,000 years of Chinese history, and though it was many discs, I enjoyed every bit of it. The long history of different ruling factions held together by an underpinning of civil servants that maintained some cultural continuity and coherence over the centuries. China was manufacturing ceramic tableware and exporting it overseas in industrial quantities when most of Europe was still wearing animal skins. Obviously, much "Chinese" food in the U.S. is not much like Chinese food, but we enjoy more authentic food when we can find it. We did dim sum for New Years (U.S. New Years, not Chinese New Years yet to come in February). Your information on pipe smoking in China would be fascinating. I was in a seaport in Taiwan briefly while in the Navy years ago, and we had a longer "rest and recreation" stop in Hong Kong, but my interest goes back to childhood.

magicpiper

Jul 9, 2018
MCO
Welcome to the forums! I would be very interested in your pipe smoking endeavors in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.