PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
that statue is very threatening. Certainly looks skilled at the sharp stick and knife murdering. Which is to say that's freaking awesome.
if you love that then you definitely need to come to NZ bro. Lots of Māori art and carving displayed publicly. This one is just a short stroll down the road from my place in the local huharua reserve. Each symbol tells a story.

8B2068A5-DC15-4C4F-B40C-6913A784A074.jpeg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Brendan,
Welcome to the Forums from Sydney.
Whereabouts are you in NSW ? I'm heading to Orange with a bunch of mates this weekend for a wine and food weekend. Bringing a few cigars and pipes with me and hoping to find a pub or two that are smoke-friendly.
Hey OzPiper,
I’m in Cowra, moved up from Western Sydney 10 years ago and am grateful everyday for it. Anyway.. so not far from Orange, and I wish could be more help but I’m not familiar at all with pubs in Orange. That said I hope you find one, and knowing how people are out here I don’t think you will have trouble..
Most likely outdoors I guess though.. I hope we don’t have the winds we had last weekend ?

(My avatar pic is taken at the top of the hill, at the Cowra Japanese Gardens, now I have smoked a H.Upmann Corona major there once).

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Brendan,
My wife and I had a most enjoyable driving trip through central NSW some years ago including a couple of days in Cowra. I really enjoyed strolling through the beautiful Cowra Japanese Gardens (comemorating the Japanese POWS who were interned at Cowra during WWll, a number of whom were killed trying to escape). My wife was most impressed by the lovely rose garden in the middle of the town.

Reactions: Brendan

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
From across the ditch, yeah I would love NZ parliament at the moment :LOL:

I’ll just leave it at that :)

Also, a big thank you to everybody who took the time to post their greetings, very welcoming.
Looking forward to getting my most recent purchase in the mail this week, I’m a pretty simple smoker, usually one or two blends at the most, will have a tin of Peterson’s Irish Whiskey to enjoy soon out of my Peterson Dalkey 106; my main pipe.
My other pipe, also Peterson XL302 p lip in that great translucent green finish, was a gift my older brother picked out at the actual Peterson’s HQ around 10 years ago and is my main Latakia/Oriental pipe.
Thinking it’s time to stretch out a little and add to both collections after reading that ;)
Cheers everybody !

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
R

Thanks.
Just reminded me, I have distant family somewhere in São Paulo, my Dad’s Aunty moved there after WW2 and only found each other about 15 years ago.
Small world.

She is Polish if anybody was wondering... ?

A lot of people emigrated to Brazil from after WW2 (just as many did to Australia) so São Paulo is a pretty cosmopolitan city.

Yup; small world. In the past I've bumped into friends from back home in various parts of the world!

Reactions: OzPiper and Brendan
Jan 27, 2020
I saw Walkabout in the cinema once. Do you know this thought provoking film? A friend of mine recommended Romper Stomper, which I haven't watched yet.

Reactions: Brendan

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Nice to have you here. I'm in Northern California, just north of San Francisco. I did live in North Turramurra, close to Sydney back in the early 70's!
Thanks!
I used to work at Dural years ago and would frequently do deliveries all throughout that area, I could only imagine how good it would have been to live there back when there was next to no traffic/not so densely populated etc.puffy

Just looked up today’s median house price out of curiosity..

$1,923,500 ..??

Reactions: chopper
Status
Not open for further replies.