PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRJ

Might Stick Around
Dec 13, 2020
Central Ohio
Pipes and pleasure's is great, but know that they are down to their last tins and are only carrying bulk from now on due to the rising cost. Lots of great pipes for sale there and you def should go check it out, too, but just a heads up that there was only maybe a couple dozen tins left. I still had a great time there, and they ought to be supported most in the area, so thats most important to consider. They def have the best events, so go to get put on their email list!

I'll second that that Kerric Sq Tinderbox seems to be the best overall option in the area for actual diversity of tins, the Tinderbox at Easton is pretty slim pickings and a very heavy cigar crowd.

Funny for a big as Cbus is in the pipe world that we don't have much left in terms of dedicated B&Ms.

As few as they may be, it's still going to take some time (mostly driving from the Boonies to check them out :)

Pipenwheels

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2020
Ohio
Welcome from Ohio! It seems there are quite a few of us on here. When the 'Rona goes away, I look forward to pipe meetups! Pipers are the best group of people anywhere and I hope to make new connections when restrictions are lifted. I haven't even been to a brick and mortar, as I started smoking pipes at the beginning of this mess. This is also the best forum on the internet! So Welcome!

• Love
Reactions: tschiraldi

Peter Peachfuzz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2019
Central Ohio
Welcome from another Columbus buckeye. Governors (same owners as barkeys) is a very comfortable multiple room on multiple floors location. Not much for pipes but an excellent tin selection many of which are perpetually out of stock online. Tinder Box at Karric Square has the best all around selection of pipes, tins, bulk and cigars. Short on lounge space. Tinder Box Easton has mostly Peterson tins and some nice Pete pipes and a decent selection of basket pipe. But, by far the best people watching and next to an Irish pub that dedicates several tables to smokers. Use to like Pipes and Pleasures but it's become a clubhouse for friends of the owner.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
IDK about that last dig at Pipes and Pleasures. I had never been before a couple weeks ago and I was treated like family and they pulled out some choice bulks for me from the back. I've avoided Governors, even though I always park on that street when in Westerville, because there was a bit of a stink a few years ago about a racist environment there. I have heard its under new ownership, but it is is Westerville, soooo.....

I'm gonna check out the Tinderboxes in the next day or two and will report back, its been a minute for me in either of those locations.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
Welcome...Another OH’ian here...

I don’t think anyone mentioned checking out Governor’s in Westerville. They have a better tin selection than Tinderbox but their prices are a little high IMHO. I will always support local but what they charged for DNR and some of their other tins was robbery. But my immediate gratification took over and I paid :col:

**Coyja beat me to it but added some stuff I heard about too. They aren’t the most friendly B&M for sure**

Reactions: jpmcwjr and coyja

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Welcome from Ohio! It seems there are quite a few of us on here. When the 'Rona goes away, I look forward to pipe meetups! Pipers are the best group of people anywhere and I hope to make new connections when restrictions are lifted. I haven't even been to a brick and mortar, as I started smoking pipes at the beginning of this mess. This is also the best forum on the internet! So Welcome!
The Tinder Box moved into a new building in the same plaza. They have a great lounge in the new building. I mentioned that it would be a great place for pipe club meetings, and they agreed. We should put something together now for when we're allowed to gather again! PM me if interested.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
PM me if you are interested in starting a club.

Peter Peachfuzz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2019
Central Ohio
Whatever never went to Govenors before the new guys who also own both Barklys took over. The it's in Westerville is BS. They basically have a pipe get together every first Friday hosted either by Scott or Jesse from Blue Room Briars.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.