PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Howdy. Moved to Austin 20 years ago - left Austin 15 years ago. Once upon a time was a great city, now seems to be suffering from explosive growth which ruins the charm once experienced in Austin.

jon

Lurker
Apr 14, 2021
Howdy. Moved to Austin 20 years ago - left Austin 15 years ago. Once upon a time was a great city, now seems to be suffering from explosive growth which ruins the charm once experienced in Austin.
I know. Austin in the early 2000's was so great. But everybody has their favorite version it seems. I remember moving here and people would say "you should have seen it in the 80's" Or 90's. Or anytime, really. I miss a lot of things but it's also fascinating watching a city in perpetual traumatic puberty. Mostly just go to Donn's and Curra's now and stay out of the new new.

Reactions: hawky454

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
I know. Austin in the early 2000's was so great. But everybody has their favorite version it seems. I remember moving here and people would say "you should have seen it in the 80's" Or 90's. Or anytime, really. I miss a lot of things but it's also fascinating watching a city in perpetual traumatic puberty. Mostly just go to Donn's and Curra's now and stay out of the new new.
I’m sure it still has its great spots, like Little Deli... roast beef - all the way. Moved to Chicago from there - it was awful.

Pipenwheels

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2020
Ohio
Welcome from Ohio! Learned so much in this community, as well as have met some of the finest human beings in this solar system! Enjoy!

Reactions: jon

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Thank you! That's amazing. I'm at Airport and Shady

I like to hit El Secreto de Abuela #1 for menudo occasionally. I think that's around the corner from you.

Usually go there on a Wednesday morning before heading further south for a VA medical appointment.

We should hang out!

1620692805186.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.