Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

russel730

Lurker
Mar 22, 2020
Hello everyone,
New to pipes for the last couple months. I've always enjoyed tobacco from cigarettes (quit, thankfully) an occasional cigar (too expensive) and a brief and regrettable experimentation with Skol Bandits (youthful indiscretion). I am finding pipes to be a great way to enjoy a smoke while also satisfying my innate need to tinker.

I'm originally from northern Illinois gradually migrating further east over the years and now find myself in the deep south on a quiet piece of land in western North Carolina among the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains. I'm finding plenty of time these days relaxing on the porch or strolling the property with my trusty hound in tow with a trusty cob enjoying the beautiful scenery.

I normally spend my time lurking various forums when I pick up a new hobby learning as much as can. This usually lasts for a few weeks until I have enough basic knowledge to venture off on my own path. Historically this leads to the hobby fizzling out over time as I move on to the next point of interest. However, I've found your forums to be extensively knowledgeable, friendly and civil (civility being quite rare in my forum experiences). You all seem to be my kind of folks and I look forward to continuing learning from you all.

Best,
Russ

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Russel, welcome from central N.C., the capital of The Old North State. I don't think N.C. is what is called the deep south, though there may be different usages. The western part of N.C. is incredibly beautiful and seems to generate superb writers like Thomas Wolfe, John Ehle, and Fred Chappell.

russel730

Lurker
Mar 22, 2020
Greater Appalachia may be a more appropriate term I suppose. Thanks all for the welcome.

Tommy Boy

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2020
Michigan
Welcome from S.W Michigan. This is a great forum with a good mix of people from all over the world. The pool of knowledge here is amazing and its even free what more could you ask for.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Hello everyone,
New to pipes for the last couple months. I've always enjoyed tobacco from cigarettes (quit, thankfully) an occasional cigar (too expensive) and a brief and regrettable experimentation with Skol Bandits (youthful indiscretion). I am finding pipes to be a great way to enjoy a smoke while also satisfying my innate need to tinker.

I'm originally from northern Illinois gradually migrating further east over the years and now find myself in the deep south on a quiet piece of land in western North Carolina among the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains. I'm finding plenty of time these days relaxing on the porch or strolling the property with my trusty hound in tow with a trusty cob enjoying the beautiful scenery.

I normally spend my time lurking various forums when I pick up a new hobby learning as much as can. This usually lasts for a few weeks until I have enough basic knowledge to venture off on my own path. Historically this leads to the hobby fizzling out over time as I move on to the next point of interest. However, I've found your forums to be extensively knowledgeable, friendly and civil (civility being quite rare in my forum experiences). You all seem to be my kind of folks and I look forward to continuing learning from you all.

Best,
Russ
Welcome! Yes around here, most people don't ever leave, as you can tell by the different years people have joined( by clicking on their names). It's like family.

Status
Not open for further replies.