Greetings Friends from Besieged Armenia!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Amen inch lava. Welcome. As my profile photo suggests, I have a great admiration for the Armenian people.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I hear you loud and clear! I've thought about moving to Florida, many times.
The people (true Floridians) are different but in a good, slower paced way; and the only way to get good food is to travel into city centers. But other than that, Florida is easy to get used to. Except the HUMIDITY! If you are adverse to 90 degree heat accompanied by 100% humidity, I recommend staying in NY and moving closer to the Adirondacks. It’s saner up there. ?

PS. Another few pieces of advice: the West Coast is much nicer than the East Coast and the Panhandle trumps them both. Central Florida (from Gainesville South) gets no breeze at all in the summertime so move more towards the coast if you can. Don’t expect to get paid as much as you do in NY for the same work here in FL, but the cost of living is cheaper (so far), property taxes are way cheaper (so far), and the quality of life is better (COVID, and the way our state handled it should bear this out). I look forward to seeing you here. We still have some wonderful B&M pipe shops that I’m sure you’d like.

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
Oof, some of the comments here are uncouth to say the least...

Welcome! I love playing chess. Great activity to accompany a pipe. Do you play online? I’ve been playing a lot on lichess.org with my brothers.

I’m sorry to hear about what happened in your country last year. I paid as close attention to the Nagorno-Karabakh crisis as one could in the English speaking world. I’m sorry their wasn’t a better solution for Armenia.

Status
Not open for further replies.