PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Hello to everyone and thank you.
Since this is my first post, introductions are in order.
I've already had a chance to get to know some of you through your words. I've been lurking around on the forums for the past month or so.
I'll save my pipe smoking origin story for another post. It will probably be lengthy enough to load a bowl and be a good way through it before you finish.
My name is Rob and I'm a native of West Virginia, USA.
I'm a son, brother, husband, and father. Thankfully in that order.
I'm a proud veteran of the U.S. Army. I was a crew chief in an air ambulance unit. I had the privilege of serving my country in times of peace and war.
I spent the first few years of my working life after college doing social work and various jobs in the mental health industry.
I always had a passion for computers. I wrote my first application on an Atari 800 in 1983. I started my career in the information technology sector around 1998. I've been working with computers ever since.
I've enjoyed tobacco in one form, or another, over the past 30 years. I tried pipe smoking once in my mid-twenties and hated it. Unfortunately back in the day I didn't have the overwhelming amount of knowledge and wisdom I've found here to draw on.
I've only been smoking a pipe for the past month, but thanks to all of you that have posted in the forums for helping me stumble through the first few steps of this new journey. It's been a much different experience than my first dip into pipe world.
That's pretty much a list of things of done. Hopefully you will learn who I am over time through my words on this forum as I get to know each of you better.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Welcome Rob! I hear ya, I took up the pipe back in the early nineties, and info wasn't anywhere near as available as it is now on the subject. It was all trial and error. Stuck with it though, and twenty-three years later, still puffing away. You will enjoy the forum's wealth of information not to mention frequent hilarity that often ensues. :mrgreen:

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
G'day from Australia Rob. Glad your among friends, I look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you further. Take care mate.

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Well said sablebrush it is just that, a journey, for me since joining this forum it has bee a journey that has been informative, funny and friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.