Greetings All and Sundry from the Pacific NW!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
6 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Hi, I'm new to the forum - I've taken up my old hobby of pipe smoking again in the last year or so (much to my long-suffering wife's chagrin), and found the Pipes Magazine forum while looking up a Tsuge bamboo sitter not long ago. I picked up a couple of Missouri Meerschaum Missouri Pride pipes a while back, and realized how much I'd missed the taste of an occasional bowl. I only puff 2-3 times a week now, unless I have the day off and no one's at home to hassle me about smoking again! This seems like a friendly forum, and reading over the posts I've seen here just reminds me that pipe smokers are some of the best hobby folks around!

Last edited by a moderator:

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
Welcome aboard! What are you smoking?
Thanks to all for the welcome! @Elric, my go-to tobacco is usually Newminster No. 400. I don't pretend to have very extensive knowledge of a lot of the tobacco blends that are around. When I got back into puffing, I bought a couple of the Lane blends that I had smoked years ago, and found them kind of bitter and ashy, so I haven't jumped back into that end of things.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Whereabouts are you? Any pipe shops near you?

Ask any question, make any observation….

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth. Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details, which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.

Reactions: marlinspike

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
Welcome from the Central Coast of California! Whereabouts are you? Any pipe shops near you?

Ask any question, make any observation….

You can put your location in your Profile, which will save questions in the future as to where you live should you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos of surroundings, and so forth. Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details, which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down.
Not far from Portland. Sadly, no pipe shops near me at all. Thank God for the better online sellers!

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Not far from Portland. Sadly, no pipe shops near me at all. Thank God for the better online sellers!
Downtown and the Pearl, there's Rich's. East side has 82nd Ave Tobacco. Both have a good selection of tins and bulk and Rich's carries quite a few pipes too, including Castello.

Other shops in the area with small selections are Cascade Cigar, Paul's and Tim's.

Reactions: marlinspike
Status
Not open for further replies.