Green Gold HU Tobacco For The Easy Aro Start ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

helistone

Lurker
Jun 17, 2022
Germany
Hi there,

I would like to review and recomend a tobacco which I consider a very good starter tobacco for beginners who lean to the elegant and light aromatic side...

Now we all know, fast and strong puffing leads to tears, sorrow and pain, also wrong packing or too wet tobacco.
I don't want to give tips on this subject, because we also know, to each their own. Please find the right technique for your smoking by proper learning the first steps.

Green Gold by HU Tobacco is my match for the long gone Orlik Brown Sliced.
I first smoked this weed in 2016 and found it's a good alldaysmoke, because it is not so bold (strong). It burns without big issues and tastes just like a natural Virginia based Tobacco, very fine and light accompanied by the citric aroma.
It is absolutely a summer-tobacco.

Green Gold is flavoured with a bergamot casing, which is a small citric fruit from southern Italy, which is also used to flavour Earl Grey Tea.

I like this tobacco very much because it is very lightly flavoured. Its almost a natural straight tobacco, the Virginias are very warm and sunny. No sugary, overpowering honeylike aroma, just a simple, uncomplicated tobacco. Nothing really BIG. Thats why I like it so much, in my opinion it can be smoked while doing other things, like working, walking around in the woods, hunting for
mushrooms, fishing, reading a book.. I think it's a real good beginners tobacco, if the fundamental steps are learned (see above).
Au contraire to Orlik Brown Sliced it is missing some depth, lacking the orientals and the tonka bean flavour.... OBS was a magical mighty thing from another world, but it's gone.
Of course this tobacco has to be also dried out and packed light and sipped slowly like anything else.
But if somebody asks me about a beginners aro-tobacco, this is in the range.