PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
After the Tinder Box on Wilshire finally shut down, I was hard pressed to find a single smoke shop in LA County that could actually be categorized as a pipe shop in any way (this includes every shop listed on this web page). There are plenty of vape shops, so buying good butane and Boveda humidity control packs is as easy as a walk to the corner. If you are also a cigar guy (I'm not) then you don't have to look far for a home... but an actual pipe shop? I finally came across TOBACCO TRADER (12967 W Washington Blvd, Venice CA 90066), and they have a small selection of loose pipe tobacco (I enjoy their Navy Flake) and a few Peterson pipes for sale as well. Also a good place to pick up a tamper, or other small supplies. At this point I believe this is the ONLY pipe shop in LA, but please, PLEASE, prove me wrong.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Not sure if you ever get South, but I have been to the Cigar Grotto down in in Oceanside. More cigars than pipes but they had a descent pipe tobacco collection. Very active shop.

Good luck on your search.

Reactions: Lyon0oq

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds like you found the only place in town. I would think California would be the hardest of places to try to run a pipe shop. I lived in Long Beach eons ago, on a warship, I think during the war with Sparta, and I wasn't smoking at the time.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
L.A. is a pipe tobacco desert. Used to have a lot of great shops, but with the closing of the Original Tinderbox and Kramers, Tobacco traders is about all that's left. Orange County has the Tobacco barn, San Diego has Liberty Tobacco. Cigars rule and pipes are history.

Lyon0oq

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 31, 2012
New Providence, NJ
Not sure if you ever get South, but I have been to the Cigar Grotto down in in Oceanside. More cigars than pipes but they had a descent pipe tobacco collection. Very active shop.

Good luck on your search.
My great Aunt lives in Oceanside, but besides going down to see her, I don't really make the 80 mile drive much. I once met Gerry standing in line at the MOMA in Paris.

Reactions: briarbuck
Status
Not open for further replies.