PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
It's been a bit of a mission to find some decent pipes around here but after visiting at least 20 vintage stores and markets I scored a couple of good ones today. I didn't think my chances of finding a quality italian pipe were very good but here it is...
rOmbisX.jpg

MppcWcZ.jpg

6fMUj9U.jpg

aaTLS3o.jpg

Khxa5pj.jpg

A Savinelli Pisa 804 ks. Only slightly used and in near perfect condition, I'm very happy with it.
I paid $60-NZ, Approx $43-US.
Length: 160mm - 6 5/16 inch

weight: 43gms - 1.52 oz

Bowl dia: 20mm - 3/4 inch

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Nice score! Now if you can only afford to fill it with tobacco in New Zealand...

brassmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
Quite so, Ive ordered a 50gm tin of Peterson Old Dublin that should arrive tomorrow, it cost $90 + post, and the online store is based in the same city I live in though I cannot collect it in person. Tobbaconists are a thing of the distant past here.

jeffro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2017
brassmonkey what a lucky find you have there! I think the grain on this Savinelli is spectacular. :)

midwestpipesmoker70

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2011
IL
That is a very nice looking pipe and a heck of a buy I'd say. I too will never complain about prices we pay here in the states. Enjoy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think of Canadian as the stateliest shape pipe, and that is a spectacular example. I don't associate the Canadian shape with Savinelli, but they have clearly exceeded themselves with this one. For $43 USD I think you have done extra well. I have a similar Canadian by Benton sold as an Iwan Ries house pipe, excellent Algerian briar, but a few fills, not quite as spiffy as yours, but a good smoker, and years old now. I also have a Johs and a Stanwell Canadian. Always appreciate the reserve and class in this shape.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
You had me at Savinelli and man that is a beautiful pipe. I know she is going to smoke like a dream. Pipe dreams that is.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Love canadian shape and Savinelli 803 & 804 represent so well this classic shape, I have the smaller chambered 803 Tre, I image I may look forward to finding one of their more high end pipe of this very shape in the future as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.