PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuce Brayne

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2021
So this documentary is a bit dated, but I love the interviews with American tobacco farmers. I've been to Shelton farms (it's where I snuck my first cigarette). A member of the family is a good family friend, and she would always talk about their prominence in tobacco farming, but I didn't realize how big of an operation they used to be until I saw this. I love where I live, just down the road from so many of these old farms that used to do things the old way.

Wuce Brayne

Might Stick Around
Apr 19, 2021
So this documentary is a bit dated, but I love the interviews with American tobacco farmers. I've been to Shelton farms (it's where I snuck my first cigarette). A member of the family is a good family friend, and she would always talk about their prominence in tobacco farming, but I didn't realize how big of an operation they used to be until I saw this. I love where I live, just down the road from so many of these old farms that used to do things the old way.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Great documentary. What amazes me was there are now only an estimated 57,000 tobacco farms vs 512,000 in 1954. That's one hell of an attrition rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.