PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Most Scotch drinkers will be familiar with the Grant's name and their unique triangular bottles. There is a recent new expression called "Grant's Triple Wood" and I got to sample it just before Christmas.

This is a blend of whiskies from first fill ex bourbon casks, refill American oak casks and virgin American oak casks. The resulting whisky is a caramel sweet with a little smokiness with a very slight nuttiness to it.

Bought at £16 a litre bottle whilst on offer, I was really quite surprised that such a flavourful whisky could be had for such a price.

So many folks dismiss blended scotch claiming they only drink single malt scotch due to its alleged superiority but of course single malt Scotch is blended from several barrels so in truth they too are blends albeit all from the same distillery.

If you spot it on sale I highly recommend you give it a try, I doubt you will be disappointed.

grants triple 2.png

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: ChuckMijo

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
I've drank a few bottles of it, it is pretty good for its price (almost identical price here, $28 CAD). Quite sweet, fairly smooth, and has the expected woodiness the name suggests. Nothing spectacular, but better than several other competitors in that price range for sure.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

Zack Miller

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 13, 2020
Fort Worth, Texas
A great man died in Scotland on December 21, 2020. Sandy Grant Gordon was the great-grandson of the founder of the Scottish distiller William Grant and Sons. Perhaps you remember that ad “While you’re up, get me a Grant’s”?

In the 1960’s, virtually all the Scotch exports were blended whiskys and the single malts were known very little outside of Scotland. Gordon introduced Glenfiddich to the US market and the rest is history. Although it is not my favorite, Glenfiddich is the largest selling single malt by global volume in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.