Grand Budapest Hotel Pipe Smoking

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pylorns

Preferred Member
Aug 20, 2013
Austin
If you haven't seen the Grand Budapest Hotel, consider it - great movie especially if you're a fan of Wes Anderson's quirky movies.

pylorns

Preferred Member
Aug 20, 2013
Austin
Something else interesting as you watch the film is that they change aspect ratio - when they show the 1930s its in 1.33 aspect ratio.

buroak

Preferred Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ssjones, I did not care for Moonrise Kingdom, but I rather enjoyed Grand Budapest Hotel. Perhaps you will enjoy both.

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Cool movie. I have a longstanding "old hotel" fantasy. They show up in my dreams quite a bit. I lived in one such place my last eight months in the Navy away from a base. I have no explanation, but I have a great affinity for old hotels. The Jefferson in Richmond is a spectacular renovation, or was when I visited in the late nineties.

okiescout

Preferred Member
Jan 27, 2013
Enjoyed the hotel scenes during the film, quite a place. I go the idea there was a great deal of digital work going on.

Duh! Guess it all was. Just googled it up. :oops: Watched it on u-tube and don't remember much about it except they were out after the kid and what a great place it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.