PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
BB1938 as they are now calling it. I hope this means that American retailers are expecting shipment as well. Can anyone chime in on the original?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What's notable to me is that Dunhill is expanding its revival of past blends. When an outfit with resources makes a move like this, it is usually because they have some pretty solid data on sales trends. Smaller outfits just want to get into the game and place their bets. But Dunhill is a big boy and doesn't move until all the marketing men, investors, blenders, and tobacco gurus have weighed in. Looks like they said yes, do it. I think it's way more than a shot in the dark.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Well Glenn says he is getting them in and I've always found him to be a stand up guy and blender. With him taking orders I would consider it a given that BB has returned. I just hope it's not too long before it hits the states.

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
I know it is physically in the UK, with Glyn getting some of the first batch. Not sure if the USA will get it at the same time though. I think we got Elizabethan mix earlier here.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
I remember smoking it when I was young no recollection of its character. When did it go. Shel

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
mso489 makes an interesting point. It looks like someone on the tobacco side did a great job of selling upward in the Dunhill organization. I had heard that the head of the company is not a fan of tobacco so cudos for bringing back some of the retired classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.