Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I got this in a email this morning.
A New Dawn
When i started GQ Tobaccos 3 years ago, i never expected legislation to go the way it did. I built GQ Tobaccos to offer the Traditional Tobacconist experience online. From custom hand mixed blends, to small batch productions from some of the worlds finest blenders. With a desire to not become another store which carries the regular tobaccos everyone else does. Sadly the changes in the rules have left us unable to offer those products. So I called it day and i feared GQ would sit in a dry dock, rotting away never to see the seas again....until.....
Thankfully someone has stepped up to take my place as Captain of GQ Tobaccos. My original crew may now be land locked and working towards their own goals and dreams. But GQ Tobaccos will sail again and while i have turned down offers, the new owners share my passion and enthusiasm for our heavily restricted industry/hobby.
The website currently can not accept orders while the change over takes effect, although by tomorrow it should be back up and running with the new team. It might take a few days for Sam to get upto speed with how the systems work, but hopefully its a smooth transition.
I would like to thank every single one of you who went from being names on a order screen, to being friends I still share my passion with through social media and in person at club meetings/shows. Starting GQ was the scariest thing I have ever done, made becoming a Dad seem like a walk in the park (which we do frequently).
I hope you all give the new GQ Tobaccos a chance and i am pleased to see someone younger than me (although i still feel the like the new kid in the trade after all this time) who has as much enthusiasm, passion and a love for his customers.
I will ensure Sam sends out an email to introduce himself in the coming, but for me this is the last good bye. I will miss serving you all and being a part of an industry which will never go willingly into the history books. The love and friendship shared between the fellow BOTL/SOTL* is something we should all be proud of. (*Brother/Sister of the Leaf)
Any queries regarding orders placed before 6th April 2017 should be directed towards myself (glynn.quelch@gmail.com)
Thank you again and may your pipes never run empty or sour!
Glynn Quelch

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
GQ was/is in England and an etailer where you could get hard to obtain plugs and other tobaccos that are hard to get in the States. I used to order from GQ and lamented it's demise. This is good news!

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
With everything else going on , this is excellent news. TWO THUMBS UP ! ;-)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
@zerohunter I am very glad you asked. The ol' memory didn't jog. Then again, neither did I, but one of my neighbors did, and he got hit by a bus.

cranseiron

Part of the Furniture Now
May 17, 2013
McHenry, MS
Although, I don't think the new GQ will be able to circumvent the no shipping overseas restriction now in place in England, so new ownership may not effect us here in the States.

budrichard

Lurker
Jul 9, 2015
Glynn was a master blender, probably the best I have ever encountered.

I don't believe GQ will be selling proprietary blends as before and I understand that Glynn

Will not be doing any blending for GQ.-Richard

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
They won't be doing blends. Evidently, when they first announced their re-opening they got orders from the US which they filled. However, the new owners weren't aware of the laws forbidding this at the time, now they are, so they won't be further sending to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.