PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Paul 3.0

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2019
Anderson, SC
Been on a tad/pad kick and wanted a churchwarden so went there found one. Also placed a decent tobacco order and got an email they were out of c&d black frigate (been on my radar awhile) so they let me swap it out for comparable (8oz tin grabbed bow legged bear or John Marr if that wasn't there) and all handled in less than a half hour. Kinda cool that. Really thought it was going to be two tins of Rattray I was going to hear about.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
were out of c&d black frigate (been on my radar awhile) so they let me swap it out for comparable (8oz tin grabbed bow legged bear or John Marr
Bow Legged Bear is a lat bomb compared to BF and John Marr is an aromatic. The closest thing I've found to BF is GL Pease Sextant.

Paul 3.0

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 10, 2019
Anderson, SC
Bow Legged Bear is a lat bomb compared to BF and John Marr is an aromatic. The closest thing I've found to BF is GL Pease Sextant.
Oh I'm aware just from reviews but was looking for different things to add to the pile since I tend to go Latakia or oriental forward first and foremost on my purchasing. Yet to really find an aromatic I love unless you consider Sam's Flake by SG one of them

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Oh I'm aware just from reviews but was looking for different things to add to the pile since I tend to go Latakia or oriental forward first and foremost on my purchasing. Yet to really find an aromatic I love unless you consider Sam's Flake by SG one of them
The latakia in BF is way in the background. BF is like a navy flake with condiment amounts of Orientals.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Their Black Friday sale was really good on a Peterson Harp B10 and it was available in what I wanted vs. others so I ordered one. I had smoked it before noticing on the east side of the top rim of the bowl (stem being "south") there was some "chatter" in the form of about 40% of a circle, two different and identical marks, that matched the pattern of the circumference of the inside of the chamber at the top and were just beneath the surface and stained over. I sent an email explaining the issue and I got one back very promptly with offers of discount - keep pipe, refund 100%, replace (when they get one in) or store credit. I chose to go with store credit and had a return label within minutes. If they don't have one soon I'll put the money to good use with them. Very easy to deal with on this and was pleasantly surprised.