PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
So let me set up the setting, I was sitting on MY DECK smoking an enjoyable bowl of Grousemoor minding my own business.When a police cruiser pulls up on the street behind my house (in front of me). Officer gets out starts walking toward me all the while using a bright a#$ flashlight to blind me. He asks me what i am smoking like I was a teenager again, I showed him the tin of tobacco and the other tobaccos and pipes I had out.

He told me that he got a call about someone smoking illegal substances. I told the officer that my tobacco wasn't illegal yet, but soon could be because of our government , he laughed and told me to carry on.
Some people just have too much time on thier hands to get in everybodys buisness. After he left I felt a little violated and in no mood to finish my bowl or smoke anything else
Big brother is always watching( or in my case idiot neighbors ).

volsmcfalls

Lurker
Feb 14, 2011
Unfortunately, this is one of the stereotypes of pipe smokers. I get a lot of strange looks when I smoke mine in public. I'm a young(ish) 30 with a shaved head...apparently I'm supposed to be smoking pot in my pipe. There's even a "pipe store" here in Knoxville who sells only glass pipes and bongs. I went in there once (not knowing what type of pipe store it was) and inquired about actual tobacco pipes and the hippie looking guy working there laughed me out the door.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
You never can tell about those head shops, sometimes they'll suprise you with QUALITY tobacco.

At unusual prices. SG goes for $12-$14 in california.rolled into a head shop and found SG for $7.50

.....just never know untill you show

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
Pipe smokers used to be respected,even looked up to.These days those who profess to represent us raise taxes on tobacco so they can spend mega bucks demonizing us.Sadly a great many folks who don't think for themselves accept the lies as truth.

corvinvelegost

Might Stick Around
May 1, 2012
haha ive had an experience not unlike this...i posted about it in another thread http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/can-you-top-this

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm so sick of that comment, hey buddy whatcha smokin' in that pipe wink wink. I usually look at them dead panned and say high quality English tobacco...piss off. I have to admit, I got that comment a lot more when I was younger. But I still get it.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Been there before. Before I retired a couple years ago from the Sheriff's Office, calls for "suspicious" smoking were pretty low priority. I had a lady in traffic about a year ago tell me I was disgusting and she was calling the police. I told her thank you, and have a nice day.
:crazy:

Jul 15, 2011
The other night, it was pretty nice out, so I sat out on the stoop of the apartment enjoying a bowl of 1Q. The kid who lives in the apartment caddy corner from me comes out about 10 minutes later with a doobie in his hand. I was smoking one of my Jasongone customs, and he paused for a second when he saw me with my pipe he laughed a dopey laugh and said, "Hey man, I won't tell if you won't." I told the kid, "It's tobacco, dipshit." People really get on my nerves sometimes.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
sounds like a bad joke to me. well you know you have neighbor nearby who might be better off knowing what you're actually doing in the backyard.
they'll probably be better able to mind their own business if they know the truth from the horses mouth

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
First off, I can't belive people are hating on grousemoor LoL . Secondly I walk around the pond and most of my community smoking my cob. So people have seen me smoking a pipe. At 35 I thought I was through explaining myself to others.
Next time I see them out I shall make it a point to explain the fine suddelties between tobacco and mary j.

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
I always wonder if my neighbors think im smoking something other than tobacco. I would crack up if the fuzz came!

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
Not so funny if they checked my gun registrations. All legal but to the tune of 20 plus pieces . Not sure what he would have thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.