PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyst36

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2011
Then let him out! Today I went to lunch with my parents for Mother's Day (Happy Mother's Day to all) and got on the conversation of long term health. My father informed me that the youngest anyone passed away on his side was at 93 (his grandfather)and he started every day with a shot of whiskey, 2 fried eggs, buttered toast and bacon. He was also an avid pipe smoker and Prince Albert was his smoke of choice. When my father was a kid they would prank call the local drug store and ask if they had Prince Albert in a can. If they said yes then they would reply, "Then let him out!" Good times.

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
HaHA Ha, thats was our crank call too!! in fact i still like that one. :laughat:

glad you had a nice day

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Yeah, that's an oldie, but goodie on the prank calls. We used to record our prank calls and play them back for fun.
Just don't do a Google Image search for Prince Albert.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I actually have a flip-top can of PA my parents brought back from Disneyworld a long time ago. There's a pipe offer for around $3.00 on the packet inside the can. Guess I should let him out.

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
Crank calls? We used to ask to page Mike Mehoff. When that got no results, we'd ask them to page his brother Jack. :mrgreen:
As for Prince ALbert cans, I have several that are still presentable... that my grandfather used back around 1920. None say "Now King", unfortunately... those are real collectable items.

Status
Not open for further replies.