Got My New Peterson Christmas Pipe Today!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I’ve given up on their smooth finishes. (Too many have seen peeling). I stick with their blast or rusticated.

I love that they offered several different shapes this year. XL11 was a pleasant surprise. I got the 05 and the XL11.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I’ve given up on their smooth finishes. (Too many have seen peeling). I stick with their blast or rusticated.

I love that they offered several different shapes this year. XL11 was a pleasant surprise. I got the 05 and the XL11.
News to me. I prefer smooth finish, and with over 35 Peterson pipes, I haven't seen a single one peeling.

Reactions: PipeGarGuy

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
Looking good, have you started breaking it in yet?
No I haven’t, I’ve been too busy! How do you suggest I proceed? I need to break in my Savinelli too. I have smoked two bowls in the Savinelli though. My cadence was very slow cuz I didn’t want it to get hot. It stayed warm to the touch so I’m hoping I did a good thing. I used the blend I plan to smoke in it both times so if it ghosts it shouldn’t matter. I’m still new to this so any tips are listened to and appreciated! Haven’t smoked the Peterson but I have enjoyed looking at it lol!

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
News to me. I prefer smooth finish, and with over 35 Peterson pipes, I haven't seen a single one peeling.
Yep; been that way since at least 2011. (* I bought five Xmas pipes that year, all had bubbling/peeling finish). My 2014 St Pat’s, My 2015 Classic, My 2017 St Pat’s, My 2021 Sherlock Xmas.

My 2011’s didn’t start bubbling til three or four years later. But the Pete customer service hooked me up and replaced them with some different pipes.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Yep; been that way since at least 2011. (* I bought five Xmas pipes that year, all had bubbling/peeling finish). My 2014 St Pat’s, My 2015 Classic, My 2017 St Pat’s, My 2021 Sherlock Xmas.

My 2011’s didn’t start bubbling til three or four years later. But the Pete customer service hooked me up and replaced them with some different pipes.
Their holiday pipes need work. I know they aren't that expensive, but need little more care should be given by the factory.

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
I’m smoking my Christmas pipe today with a wind cap on it. It’s smoking lukewarm with a little bit of gurgle towards the end of the bowl. All in all an enjoyable smoke. I tried a new blend in it. Cornell & Diehl Ghost of Christmas Future. I got it as a free gift with the pipe from SP. Sweet and fruity. I love my new pipe! I’m an addict, got a Savinelli and another Peterson on the way! Where does it end!C9EE9497-86AC-4513-94EA-D12EA39D573C.jpeg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A plus to the copper is that it doesn't limit the pipe to a Christmas motif. No one is going to see you smoking it in July and ask why you're smoking a Christmas pipe. You don't have to pack it away with the Christmas decorations.

PipeGarGuy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2022
A plus to the copper is that it doesn't limit the pipe to a Christmas motif. No one is going to see you smoking it in July and ask why you're smoking a Christmas pipe. You don't have to pack it away with the Christmas decorations.
I’m not packing anything away, they’ll sit on the stand all year long. Of course seeing them means ill just have to smoke them out of season, lol

Reactions: UncleRasta