PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Bladesmith, I just checked the price of Elijah Craig on Amazon and it's £40 for 70cl, I could get two litres of Jim Beam White label for that price!

I did however just snag an Evan Williams extra aged black label (new to me) and another Wild Turkey 101 for £51 for the two with free delivery ?

I'm not a tight guy, I am however a Yorkshireman who likes to wait for a bargain to come his way!

Regards,

Jay.?
I had to look up the exchange rate since I haven’t looked in a long time. We get 75cL bottles here, and they go for about $27-$30 for small batch Elijah Craig (or Knob Creek). That would put them at around 22 pounds. Y’all get a smaller bottle, and it costs nearly double? Sheesh. I hope at least that the Scotch is cheaper over there than it is here.

Reactions: mawnansmiff

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Have you tried Bulliet Bourbon 10 year it is a definite must try "

Old School, I love the Bulleit Frontier Bourbon but the 10 year old on Amazon right now is £39.99 (down from £42.50) for 70 cl, that I find obscene when I can get 2 litres of JB White Label for the same price. I appreciate it's likely a better bourbon but surely not that much better.

Earlier in the week I ordered 2 more bottles of Woodford Reserve (which I find has a pretty unique fruity flavour) that was on offer though for some reason it has yet to be dispatched which is unusual for Amazon as they're normally pretty quick. Starting to worry a bit!

I also ordered a bottle of Jim Beam Double Oak (another tasty tipple) for £34. I only paid that price because it comes in a gift box with two gorgeous cut glass tumblers ?

Having another go at the Wild Turkey 101 tonight, still searching for the cinnamon notes I read about on some review somewhere.

Bladesmith, there are some beautiful Scotch whiskies available over here for very reasonable prices. I stocked up on a recent blend made by Whyte & Mackay called 'The Woodsman'. At £18 a bottle was a real bargain. I also stocked up on Ardmore single malt at £20 a bottle. Auchentoshan single malt is also £20. Chivas Regal 12 year old is a cracking blended scotch if a tad sweet at £20. So yes, Scotch is much cheaper here than bourbon.

scotch 4.jpg

scotch 1.jpg

scotch 2.jpg

scotch 3.jpg

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith
Status
Not open for further replies.