PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I had ordered a Nording Harmony from Country Squire and a couple ounces of Cowboy Coffee just to try it.
The next day, I had a bit of buyer's remorse, thinking in hindsight I should have gotten a different Nording but was
taken in by the Japanese painting theme on the Harmony.

Then I got lucky -- twice.

Country Squire contacted me that they made a mistake and the pipe was already sold. They asked if they should just send the tobacco, or if I'd like to choose another pipe (and not to worry if it's ten dollars or so over the Harmony price.

Delighted to choose a new pipe, I went with a Nording Spruce that I'm very happy with (my first Nording).

The pipe arrived with a full half pound of Cowboy Coffee. The second time lucky is that it turns out I really like the stuff, and now I have a half pound of it (to smoke in my much better second choice of pipe)!

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Seems that customer service and satisfaction runs high in the pipers world, at least compared to a lot of other industries. I understand the rely on repeat business and word of mouth but that doesn’t always make a difference to a lot of businesses, at least it’s not treated that way.

Reactions: --dante--

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Jon David usually walks the extra mile in servicing his customers. Maybe it is whe he was awarded the 2020 Master of Pipes.
Well deserved. It is rare to find businesses that actually still value customer service and retention of customers. It seems these days I only experience that with pipe and tobacco places.