Got a pretty beat up Brigham, need ideas to help bring it back.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Ok so I just bought this pipe, It is pretty beat up, and the stem is oxidized.
Brigham pipe
I am pretty sure i will be able to clean up the stem, and it doesnt look like it needs to be reamed.
What i need help for is the bowl, I am sure a salt alcohol cleaning is necessary, but how can I make the bowl look nicer? I have some extra carnumba wax, but i dont have any special tools.
Any ideas?
Thanks

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That pipe will clean up nicely. Clean it with diluted Murphy's oil soap-try not to get soap in bowl- and let it dry. Wax with Halcyon II. I use a tiny brush to apply the Halcyon-gets into all the nooks and crannies,when dry I use a soft toothbrush to "buff". I know, sounds weird, but it works. After buffing with toothbrush,buff by hand with a soft cotton cloth.

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
That will clean up nice. It is relatively smooth for a rustic, so a buffer wheel with your caranuba should work great. Nice pick! You have been adding a lot of inventory lately!

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
That will clean up nice. It is relatively smooth for a rustic, so a buffer wheel with your caranuba should work great. Nice pick! You have been adding a lot of inventory lately!

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Yeah this is one i had bid on and forgotten, funny how that works. Yup, makin the herd grow, i have been selling off some of my pipes, mostly to pipe-curious friends haha
Its growing, i spend too much money

Status
Not open for further replies.