PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Maybe this is for the two or three other writers here, but I thought it was worth mentioning. . .
I just signed with a book agent who is going to be pitching a three-book, Christian-market nonfiction series I've been working on. Of course, there's no guarantee that this project will ever sell. But it's exciting to have an advocate out there on my behalf, so I'll remain hopeful until I'm told otherwise. :)
I've worked with a couple of other agents for different book projects over the years. But the first one left the business after a year or two. And the second one was, um, not good (even though he sold my book for me). This one feels like he could be a real "keeper."
If anyone's curious about me or my work: www.robertbittner.com.
Bob

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Congrats Bob!! I often thought about writing but never took the plunge. Keep us posted.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Congratulations. Getting an agent can be a major step, but as you point out, only time will tell. I'd take

encouragement in the fact that someone else sees commercial value possible in what you do. Since agents

propose to live on commissions, they can't handle work that doesn't appear to them to have commercial

value at a level that will make the commissions worth their invested labor. A lot of my work is poetry, and

since not much money changes hands with that, agents don't get involved. I think Robert Penn Warren's

agent once made a deal where a publisher would take his novel with an advance and also publish a volume

of his poetry, but that amounted to an additional payment to a big name author.

Status
Not open for further replies.