PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Check out this beauty from an ebay listing going on right now. I just wanted to do my brotherly duty and privy you all to this rare and well maintained exclusive Dunhill. Get your bids in fast! You're welcome.
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
There's some witty puns on here, i am impressed with you guys. I would expect nothing less from such scholarly men and women, though.
I honestly would like to know how in the fuck you could possibly smoke a pipe to that condition. I mean, a Dunhill nonetheless. To be fair, it happens to be a patent era Dunhill, but shit that is in such ROUGH shape i don't know how you could even list that thing for sale. What would you even do with it?
A super rare Dunhill crack pipe!
^

favorite caption so far. Touche, David.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Just imagine - this could be the VERY pipe that old Alfred was smoking when the Duke Street store was bombed during The Blitz! (If you have ever seen photographs of the wreckage of that store, then you will notice that this pipe appears to be in similar condition).

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Seriously guys, with a hose clamp and a little elbow grease, that pipe could be a great old Dunhill again. Someone needs to step up to the plate and take this restoration challenge.

I'd do it but after paying what would probably be too much for the pipe, I wouldn't have the funds left for a nice hose clamp. :roll:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That is actually a Downhill with a dotted stem, which, if original, is worth from $50.00 and up.
NO, but, the stem is of value.

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
It's always weird to me to see a good pipe that has obviously been SO well-loved, and SO abused at the same time. Ignorance, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.