PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Thanks everyone. He was a great little companion.

The vet was surprised he made it as long as he did with his heart as enlarged as it was.

I like to think that we gave him a good comfortable life that gave him extra time. He definitely made our lives better than we did his.

Aug 1, 2012
He definitely made our lives better than we did his.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I bet you gave him far more love than he would have had without you.

I had a hard time when I lost my Cleo kitty and kicked myself for every time I didn't let her onto my lap for some stupid reason. I had to remember her life before my wife and I to see that I was still able to be a positive difference for her. It's hard in the moment but remember the loves, treats and petting you gave the little guy that could have come from nobody else's hands.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I agree it's for the best it wasn't a lingering end, but the suddenness of it will have been hard on Shanez.
A good friend has kept her dog alive for several years. She has finally decided to put him down soon. She is going to experience a very difficult time. Her life will change and I hope she accomplishes the travels and get togethers she has put off for years.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
My heart goes out to you. The pain is real, understandable and, sadly, the price of admission for loving a dog. While I am less than sanguine about the prospect, one of my deepest hopes is that, if there is a there there, that I might yet again see my very loved four legged friends in reality and not just in my dreams. Most people I could do without but the dogs are another story. Have to sign off now as I have something in my eye...

jafo1989

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2021
Chicago
Sorry to hear it brother. I get it. We had to send the cairn terrier in my profile pic to stay on the farm the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Missed him like crazy when we got the VID over Christmas.

Reactions: BROBS and shanez