PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgetzin

Lurker
Jul 14, 2018
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9) - Bob

Hello everyone,

From time to time, I wish I could find matches as good as the ones you SOMETIMES can get it Italy, - "fiamiferi di sigari" - brown box, whine phosphorus tips and long, dark wood sticks, only sold in SOME stores, (no online ordering I could ever find) - However, green phosphorus matches seem passably good, but they STILL have wax that one can taste. And it is probably healthy to eliminate parrafin and certainly leaves the rim of the pipe neater. (Yes, I'm a bit fussy)

So, anyone know if it exists that waxless matches are sold? Or beeswax matches, if the burn is really affected that much by wax. Match/lighter method really does make a subtle but significant difference, thanks in advance.

– David

Last edited by a moderator:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
as far as how much of a difference good matches make compared to a good lighter there is. I will point out that pipes where way more popular before modern bic lighters became the main lighting tool. Sure you can get a great light on a bic with a pipe, but it takes not only more skill but more practice too.
So sorry I have no idea how to help you with the matches but I am waiting for someone else to have the correct answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.