PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
By my approximation, you will have about 644 blends to choose from by the end of the day. There are a number of us on the forums that love VaPers and there are a lot of blends out there!

My top 5 (in no particular order):
Sam Gawith Saint James Flake
Rattray's Marlin Flake
Match Victoria (a generic match for Peterson's Elizabethan mixture, and the best value VaPer on the market)
Cornell and Diehl Bayou Morning (25 percent Perique...probably the strongest VaPer on this list)
Gawith, Hoggarth, and Co Louisiana Perique Flake

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Nothing wrong with Escudo at all. I've got a "lot" and damn happy about it. It's also true that there are many many other worthy blends out there. I just wouldn't rule out Escudo by any means.

Reactions: dcon and 02Knight

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Lots of good suggestions here. I love VaPers. The four I stockpile are Escudo, Solani 633, GL Pease’s Fillmore, and Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake. Two close-but-no-cigar blends, to my taste, would be Peretti Park Square and Dunhill (edit: excuse me, Peterson) Elizabethan. I mention those only because my 3-star might be your four. McClelland had a few that would have made my cellar list but alas.

To expand out into the VaBurPer world, I would strongly recommend McConnell’s Scottish Cake; Stokkebye’s Luxury Bullseye Flake; and Pease’s Cairo (addition of Oriental), Haddo’s Delight, and Cumberland.