PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
I'm visiting family in Wichita later this week. Can anyone recommend a tobacco shop with a good selection of tobacco?

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
If it's Kansas, try Cigar Chateau. It's been about 10 years since I've been there but I grew up north of Wichita and that was about the only decent place left. They used to have a Bright Leaf in each mall that had pretty great options, but those are long gone.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I live 100 miles from Wichita. Wouldn't say there are any good B&M's there. Now if you wanted a recommendation for a good tea shop, that's another story.

briarbuda48

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2013
Texas
The Humidor Cigars and Lounge. I was there last week..not so much a pipe place but they did have a meager selection of tobacco and Peterson pipes. Very friendly personnel with an excellent lounge full of great people. I bought a few tins and some cleaners then spent two hours in the lounge visiting and smoking, of course.
8558 W. 21st St

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
Bluesmoke, do you go to Winfield bluegrass festival? I started pipesmoking there.. :puffy:

bluesmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 21, 2013
Never been, butI've heard about it--I'd like to go some time. Is it near Wichita? I play Bluegrass bass.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Yes really close to Wichita, an hour south east. And you need to go especially if you play bass!! We may know some of the same people. I play mandolin..

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
I am going to miss Winfield this year, this would have been my 20th year and my wife's 35th I believe.

rogerrodger

Lurker
Dec 7, 2018
Cigar Chateau in Wichita is a fine shop. It is very newbie friendly. I got my first cob there, and my first briar, a quality, unfinished Savinelli basket pipe that smokes very well.
The staff is helpful, with good recommendations, and not just pushing for expensive pipes and tobaccos only, but for value and quality that fit the needs and experience of the customer. The smoking lounge is beautiful and relaxing, clean and spacious.

Status
Not open for further replies.