PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Any one have a recommendation for a virginian that is on the sweet side?
no aro's please, nothing against them, i have a few i love, just not looking for one right now
thanks to all who contribute

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Ohh...i'm sorry I thought the title read a "good sweet virgin...lol :rofl:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I've always thought McClellands 5100 is a classic example of straight, red Virginia.

wallbright

Aug 22, 2010
Maybe Full Virginia Flake if you can find it. Germain's Brown Flake is also a good VA. I don't know if you are looking for flakes though or what your definition of sweet is either. I would suggest giving any VA flake a try though if you have not tried them before.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
you will like Mississippi river. i just ordered a pound.yes i like it. :mrgreen:

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Mac Baren Club Blend. It is a roll cake tobacco, Virginia on the outside and a Cavendish center. I don't think it is heavily cased but is still very sweet. It comes in "coins" Someone did a review on it on here but I'm not sure how to put the link in my post, just search for it. I am mostly an aro smoker and was on the same mission you are on when I found CLub Blend. Heck, I can send you a sample if you PM me with your address.
Dave

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I would have to second marc's recommendation: Mac Baren's Va.'s

There have been some interesting blends mentioned though -- some I'll have to try.

chromenut

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
Oh, man, read this thread wrong... didn't see the ian at the end, guess no good pictures here...lmao....

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
I just got my first tin of Mississippi River, it's awesome. I will become a regular smoke. I've tried a few Virginia's and this is the only one that has really smoked well and tasted great. Thumbs Up !!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'll second (or third) Marlin Flake. I'll also recommend Rattray's Hal o' the Wynd, but its sweetness is only going to shine if you approach it very slowly. (Probably the case with every Virginia. . . but this one is particularly demanding of a slow smoke.)
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.