PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
My Uncle is a clencher and bit a hole in his mouthpiece. I have one with a tiny hole as well, but his has a chunk missing. Any good spots to send in for repair? I'm thinking Walker Pipe Repair . Anyone have experience there, or other suggestions also appreciated!
Sorry, I don't have a good picture at the moment, so I did a quick drawing on my phone. The missing chunck is on the underside, he must have sharp bottom teeth!
null-9.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I never used Walker, but I have a pipe he cleaned up and was impressed. I've never heard anything but praise on his stem work.
I just had Floyd Norwood do a stem for one of my Upshalls, fantastic work, not expensive and had turned it around with lightening speed. I can highly recommend Floyd.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Norwood's got two votes, unfortunately his website doesn't seem to be running. Any other ideas? (Or a working link to Norwood's!)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
One of these recommended repairman can fix this stem or fit it with a new one that looks right, and I don't think

it will cost much or take long. That's about the easiest fix on a pipe. Cracked bowls and shanks, that's something

else.

Status
Not open for further replies.