Good Place to Send a Broken Mouthpiece?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

undecagon

Preferred Member
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
My Uncle is a clencher and bit a hole in his mouthpiece. I have one with a tiny hole as well, but his has a chunk missing. Any good spots to send in for repair? I'm thinking Walker Pipe Repair . Anyone have experience there, or other suggestions also appreciated!
Sorry, I don't have a good picture at the moment, so I did a quick drawing on my phone. The missing chunck is on the underside, he must have sharp bottom teeth!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I never used Walker, but I have a pipe he cleaned up and was impressed. I've never heard anything but praise on his stem work.
I just had Floyd Norwood do a stem for one of my Upshalls, fantastic work, not expensive and had turned it around with lightening speed. I can highly recommend Floyd.

undecagon

Preferred Member
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Norwood's got two votes, unfortunately his website doesn't seem to be running. Any other ideas? (Or a working link to Norwood's!)

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
One of these recommended repairman can fix this stem or fit it with a new one that looks right, and I don't think

it will cost much or take long. That's about the easiest fix on a pipe. Cracked bowls and shanks, that's something

else.

Status
Not open for further replies.