Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nscoyote

Might Stick Around
Oct 19, 2013
Here at the very south western tip of Nova Scotia its a respectable 6ºC, doesn't start getting cold here till around december/january. Usually its around then that its become too cold to ride so it ain't to bad yet. :)

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
34°
Hi 56° | Lo 41°

Sunny

Sunrise: 7:24 AM

Sunset: 6:07 PM

Barometer: 30.25" Hg Feels like: 34°

Humidity: 82%

Wind: CLM 0 mph

Delaware :D

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Western WA - High 59 / Low 43 / Fog has been so thick you could cut it with a knife, but is starting to clear out.

Lower than average temps for this time of year.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
It's a beautiful fall day here in sunny downtown NJ.

The daytime temps are just around 50 degrees falling into the low 40s at night.

Perfect smoking weather.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Gonna be in the low 80's here in LA. Just I was do the usual and sit in the back and have a smoke with some coffee! :puffy:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Andre: I remember being told, "Cold? You think it's cold? I live in Bismark. The "Siberian Express" hits us full brunt. The only thing slowing it down are a couple of barb wire fences up in Alberta.
The plains, Canada's and the US can be the most miserable sub-arctic places on the continent. Right up there with the Russian steppes.
I feel your pain. Of course I feel your pain while sitting in front of a fireplace pipe and cognac in hand.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
My bones and joints tell me it is winter, but the trees around here in East Tennessee say it is fall. Currently 28 degrees around Knoxville and supposedly going to 53 today. Ugh! I hate cold weather.
Wife no longer snuggles (lol) and I am posted to the deck to smoke. I tried to sneak in a smoke the other day in my downstairs office. I have the latest TruAir smoke catcher and the best smoke eatin' candle made, supposedly.
But, the best nose in the business caught me red-handed.
Looks like it is the garage for me. At least the wind isn't blowing there like it is on the back deck.
Ah, the joys of pipe smoking with a wife who is an anti.
It might be time to do a trade. I'm not talking about my pipes.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Raining hard here today. Hovering around +1 c and cant make up it's mind between snow and rain. Woodstove is going good and I have made a batch of homemade hamburger buns for tonights dinner. Going to make some soup now and load a bowl of pirate cake in my pete. Might even crack a bottle Whiskey this afternoon! Hmmm Irish coffee!

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Time to fire up the garage heater here in South Dakota. But it isn't truly cold until it's below freezing. Some of you further south crack me up.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Bethlehem, PA

Sunny

50 degrees

23mph wind gusty at times

feels like 45

Hard freeze last night 28 degrees supposed to warm up monday....not ready for this, running the heater in the shop.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We've had mornings in the low 30's so far in October. I move off our patio and into my workshop, setting up a little smoking area where I keep my bike. Nice chair, lamp, stand, footstool, WiFi and a small electric heater keeps it cozy. The garage is insulated, so it usually doesn't get below 50 in there. A decent place but by March, it feels like a prison and I long for summer mornings on the patio. I hate winter....

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
In the 40-50 F range in the evening here in SPC land ( coastal SC ) , perfect pipe weather. Beats walking with a pipe at 0 F in the winter around Anchorage, just put on a jacket when going outdoors. If it's too cold ( read negative temps on the F scale, which should not ever occur in this area, but they did in Alaska ) I take a break from smoking.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
We still have 70-80 range now in Florida. I look forward to the cooler temps to arrive hopefully soon.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Getting ready for our first winter storm here on the east slope of the Canadian Rockies. Mad day today doing all those fall chores I've been putting off, puffin' on a cob all the way. After putting away the patio furniture found I still had a little corner of the garden shed with room for a chair and a side table for a smoke on those days it isn't killing cold. Have also been experimenting having a few puffs In the basement man cave. So far, the missus hasn't cottoned on or isn't saying anything. I'm hopeful... :roll: Have also purchased a pair of those fingerless gloves with a mitten thing that flips over in case things go sideways.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Well it's 6 celsius here in Ottawa right now, 43F. Colder if you factor in the wind, which I don't. This is nothing compared to what's coming for us, but the first temperature drop in the fall is always a slap in the face. If this was February and 6 degrees, we'd be cavorting outside in the "heat". I think we're going to get hit hard this winter, so the longer we go like this the better IMO.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
We had some snow in parts of Michigan the other day. Some places even got up to four inches! Crazy, right? It was in the 70's a few weeks ago, and now the lows can be below 32. Perfect for a warm bowl and some coffee, I'd say. Keep warm, everyone! :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.