Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
A buddy of mine were walking back from the PX (The Walmart of military land) and I just happen to notice this guy we walked past smoking a pipe we kept on walking untill my friend stoped when he smelled the cherry aroma of the tobacco and yelled out is that cherry The person replued its a chery vanili mix, and me reconizing the smell asked if it was Capten Black. He said yes, then I asked if he got it from the PX he said no from some place off post. I told him about smoking pipes.com, and pulled out my pipe I had in my pocket that I smoked earlier and showed him. we chatted a few minutes then went on. my friend said he wanted to try pipe smoking so I went to my room grabbed a mother pupe and some tobacco and now he is going to be smoking pipes alo. I gave him my rosi pipe and a tin of SPC Plum Pudding because he liked it the most of the three blends he tried.

EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title

Last edited by a moderator:

rmpeeps

Lifer
Oct 17, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I made a quick pass-thru at PipeWorld in NorthAustin yesterday and shelled out retail for a tin of 3P’s.
While there, the well mustachioed gentleman was helping out a (hopefully) brand new piper with his first pipe and tobacco purchase. I managed to keep my mouth shut, as all the advice I heard was spot on.
It was nice to see the young man wasn’t just being pushed to buy a $200 pipe and some Esoterica.
Kudos to PipeWorld.

thebigragu

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2019
Needs of the Army
I made a quick pass-thru at PipeWorld in NorthAustin yesterday and shelled out retail for a tin of 3P’s.
While there, the well mustachioed gentleman was helping out a (hopefully) brand new piper with his first pipe and tobacco purchase. I managed to keep my mouth shut, as all the advice I heard was spot on.
It was nice to see the young man wasn’t just being pushed to buy a $200 pipe and some Esoterica.
Kudos to PipeWorld.
Haha that's great. maybe yeah I want him to learn so I get back stateside I will have to stop there. I was giving him advice but letting him go so he can learn what works for him but not just leave him to get frustrated and wanna give up. my buddy did well for his first time

Reactions: rmpeeps
Status
Not open for further replies.