PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2019
Hello hello, good evening, good day wherever you may be. My name is Kurt and I actually hail from Johnson City, TN. I do not smoke much, but I do like an occasional pipe. I started off with a clay colonial that I picked up at a reenactment, then it progressed to a briar churchwarden with a vulcanite stem, then I purchased a Bavarian hunting pipe, it is nice, however I do not like the metal insert in the bowl, plus the cap broke yesterday. I just received a briar churchwarden with a 13inch stem, and I had the pipes first smoke last night, quite nice. I can not wait to get back home to soak it in some Tennessee Honey.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
Welcome! I assume you're not over there for pleasure?
I happen to be 40 miles from Johnson City right now in Bull's Gap. I've been jammin' to bluegrass today.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NshQKDfFPlw

Aug 25, 2019
Thanks guys, yea definitely not over here to enjoy the scenery haha. So these pipes are keeping me company and reminding me of home.

Reactions: adui

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Kurt, welcome from central N.C. When you can, maybe get ahold of an MM cob. I like the editions with acrylic or Vulcanite stems. They're $25 or $30 instead of $5 or $10, but I don't chew through the stems, and if you have a few pipes, the cobs last a long time too. Or if you want briar at a moderate price, I like Dr. Grabow Royaltons with acrylic stems, about $40 apiece new. If you're on the move, you don't want more than a few pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.