PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Here's one for under 12 GBP. They have a big selection of store brand pipes.
Looks like it might be from the “Irish thirds” line. I’d bet they smoke fine once broken in.

Reactions: romaso

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
Kaywoodie are great pipes in that price range with a lot of variations available. For what it's worth, I have quite a few customers in the UK.
I’ll second that. I saw your table full of them at the capital land show. Some of them were pretty nice looking, and made by a reputable company. A good number for less than fifty bucks too.

Indygrap

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 18, 2022
New Orleans, LA
In the UK, a corncob costs from £12 (eg Country Gentleman) to about £28 for something more fancy.

A Falcon (stem and bowl) is roughly £30

What other makes are reasonably good first pipe up to around the £30 mark?

Not interested in estate pipes. I think that is more of a US thing than a European thing.

This is just more of my research in case anyone asks. The answers may help somebody.

Thanks
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here but I’m in the same boat. I’d like a pipe that’s quality, is ok to look at, feels good in hand, & ,most importantly, smokes great.
I bought my first pipe about 6 months ago; a Rossi Antico bent billiard. They’re Savinelli seconds, so they’re quality, but about $20-40 (US) less. Couldn’t be happier with it honestly. It’s a great starter pipe & will make most anything you smoke through it taste as it should.

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
On the smoke.Co.uk website, people here recomended Barber B line. Which look quite nice.

Also on the website and cheaper still were Sarome pipes. I take it Barber B line is the better option. (or are they ok)?

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
For the heck of it I snagged a NOS Kaywoodie for not much because I loved the shape and to see what one is all about! Will report after this weekend (unless it arrives by Thursday, lol).

Reactions: Michigan_Bill