PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Inquiring minds want to know....

Is the Golden Days of Yore now available any different than the Golden Days of Yore I've bought in past years?

I still have four unopened tins from when it first came out.
Good question. I don’t know the answer to it, but I just bought two tins after watching the YouTube video of Jeremy Reeves mixing the sauce for it. I would assume any changes would be minimal or they would’ve named it something different, but you know what can happen when one assumes.

Reactions: canucklehead

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I assume it is aromatic. I've had trouble with some premium holiday blends with cinnamon and other holiday spices that do a chemical burn for me.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

magicpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2018
MCO
I have purchased tins of A Corncob Pipe & Button Nose from different years and they were the same as far as I could tell. Found no noticeable difference. I would venture to say this one is the same as past iterations as well.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
So it's mid-September and already commercial interests are gearing up to make more of the filthy lucre. Christ's birth has been all but silenced by them. I make sure to scream at any business that sends me a Christmas card. Although I despise capitalism in general, I especially despise that snout buried deeply in this most sacred of holidays.

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Is it required to drink a pumpkin beer while smoking this?
Ha! I just kegged up my pumpkin ale homebrew for this year. Every year I say that I'm done making it and then everybody whines and complains and sends me hate messages (just joking, of course). I gave in and made it another year, so apparently all will be well again. I do like it; it's been refined over the years into a super solid recipe. It's probably the one beer that I have made the most, but I keep wanting to do something different for the season. I did put some pecans in the mash this time, so we'll see if anybody notices the minor twist. ;)

• Love
Reactions: JMcQ and jmill208

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
As far as aromatics go, I'd GDOY was topped with a light hand. It's certainly not as aggressively flavored as something like 1Q or even Autumn Evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.