PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
First I take a shower and get dressed. I then like to grab a cup of coffee and watch an episode of How It's Made with my girlfriend. Something about watching that show makes me happier when I have to work myself.
I might also add that my girlfriend just bought a Keurig and I really enjoy it.
What is your morning routine?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Wake up, caffeine, emails, eat, check news/forums, shower, leave.
I'm in sales, so I don't punch a time clock, but time is money so the earlier I get going the better. I'm lucky enough to be able to work from home at least once a week, so those are the only days when I can have a pipe first thing in the morning.

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
@photoman

Ha. My wife and I have been watching "How It's Made" on Netflix several evenings each week. It's a quick and informative show.
My weekday morning routine: Wake at 6:00 or 7:00, shower while listening to the radio, dress, coffee (from home or coffee shop), quick breakfast in the car on the way to work. On Tues and Thurs, I'm usually up at 4:25am to head out on a 5 mile run before work. No time for a morning pipe during the work week.

crk69

Jun 30, 2012
Usually wake up, get a cup of chai tea from the Keurig, veg on the couch for about 10 minutes, then get dressed for work. Pack a pipe or two and some baccy, pipe cleaners, tamper and my favorite lighter, then head off to work... Get a thirty minute break for lunch/dinner, when I smoke a quick bowl and down some soda and a sandwich..

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Up at 6:20, straight to the shower, then I get mostly dressed. The wife has usually cooks breakfast and we sit down and watch the am news. Finish dressing, make my coffee and out the door we go by 7:15.
Not much has changed in years.
-Jason

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Up at 5am and out the door about 520. Not a morning person and have to be in at 6am so the shower is done the night before. Everything is laid out and ready to go the night before
+1 on the Keurig. Love the auto on feature.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Wake up usually 6:15am have a big glass of water, make coffee, wake up the kids, do a quick morning stretch body weight workout for about 10 minutes, have coffee, help out the wife with the kids, get dressed, eat my oatmeal/peanut butter/flaxseed, take my son to school, then go to my shop.
Sometimes I might have to get up extra early, like today, when I have an install for a client... so it's almost the same except the kids part

cynyr

Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
Get up at either five or six, depending on whether it's a workout day. Either way, I'm out by 6:45 and on my bench with a pipe and coffee by 7:20. Then just smoke and watch the day a-birthing until the crew filters in. Nice and relaxing. 8)

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
OK OK OK... just had my first morning pipe on the way to work
and I am safety wired in the hyper position...
why? i donno........ but I am running around like a mad man

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Oh the morning... how I hate you.
I wake up around 6:15 or so and jump in the shower, finish up as quick as I can with hopefully enough time to shave. Throw clothes on and go drag 6 year old out of bed screaming that he doesn't want to get up, usher him along to get dressed (thankfully Catholic school uniforms take wardrobe choices out of the equation) while at the same time yelling at 15 year old to get his ass moving and ready for school. Then drag 2 year old daughter out of bed, again screaming and kicking that she doesn't want to get up. Get her dressed (which is sometimes like trying to put clothes on a pissed off honey badger) and get everyone downstairs and luches, backpacks, etc together. Then out the door to fight Austin traffic for anywhere from 40 min to an hour to drop them off and get to the office.
Then I wonder why I have high blood pressure? :roll:

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
since my dog has passed I usually get up about 7am, put the coffee on and turn turn on the faucet in the kitchen sink so both cats can get their morning drinks.. while that is happening I walk down the driveway (100yds or so) and get the newspaper. come back pour coffee and watch Mike & Mike while checking forums and drinking coffee. I take my second cup out to the deck and fire up a pipe Northwoods and been the morning choice lately. then I shower up and get cleaned up to run into town and have lunch with the other old guys in town. get home and like to nap from about 3 to 4pm. by now I've had at least 3 bowls and a couple more to come.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Get up, take my "30 minutes before breakfast" pill with oj, then surf & drink oj while I wait. Eat, consume can od diet coke (don't drink coffee or tea), then first pipe of the day. When "shower and dress" happens depends on the rest of my day. No hurry.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
wake up protein shake and bowl of oats with peanut butter. sit around listen to the news and read emails then i make an omelet. then class unless i do not have class then its tea and pipe out back.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
wake up, take medication, wash, brush hair and teeth, feed cats, have breakfast, take more meds, make up the portions for the rest of my meds over the day, wash breakfast dishes, prepare any vegetables in advance for meals for the rest of the day, grab mail/read email, look on pipemagazines forum. rinse and repeat

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Wake up, take my fist full of medicine, drink a cup of coffee, shower, eat a bite or two, check emails, kiss my fiancé and daughter goodbye, head to work.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
lol...at 39 and having a job (first time EVER) where I can be at work at 9:30 and home by 6:30pm I make the most of the morning. I get up around 7am and that gives me about an hour and half to make things happen. Most times I make a protein shake and some toast. While the food is being made I turn on the news and prepare my pipe. In about 20 minutes I have eaten, watched news, smoked some of my pipe. Then it's off to the shower and shave routine and then a quick dash to the brushing of teeth and final finishing of the pipe as I drive to work. But weekends are made for pipe smoking, a good breakfast and tea. My mornings consist of checking email, surfing the net for 10 minutes, a shower and then off to the cofee shop where I drink several 20oz. cups of cofee and smoke my pipe, read the paper or a book and then I am off to do my chores and then home to make a good solid dinner, food for the week if needed, wash clothes and such. Then in teh evvening it's movie/TV time and lots of tea and pipe smoking!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Wow a lot of responses. I might add that I don't like the morning until I am done with my shower. Then I love it! Got the whole day ahead of you and all the birds are chirping. If I find something that makes me happy in the morning I find I will be happy all day. Oh and I forgot to mention I usually eat half a peanut butter sandwich but was out of peanut butter today so I had a hot ham and provolone cheese. It was a damn fine morning. :)

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Get up at 6 let the dogs out, hit 4-5 miles on tredmill watching whatever I have DVRd that wife wont watch. Let dogs in. Shower, shave, dress. Grab the pipe I packed the night before hit the road at about 7. Have a 55 min drive in gives me time to smoke. Always food floating around my office so just eat whatever shows up at my desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.