PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
As cheap ...I mean thrifty as I am, I've bought pipes at my local independent shop over the years at fairly good prices. Perhaps I could have bought them for a little less online even with shipping, but I got to preview these in person, and in some cases go home and think about them before making the purchase. I don't remember any clunkers, whereas I've had a few of those with online purchases. Tobacco is a little more in tins, but in bulk, once you calculate the shipping, blends are only slightly more. The proprietor is straight up about his sourcing, and contributes grounded information on pipes and tobaccos. it's worth the "membership" (higher prices) to shop there.

mrdaniels

Lurker
May 5, 2014
As someone who recently moved and got back into pipe smoking after a hiatus, I can 100% agree! I miss the people of my old B&M. There was always great conversation, they were super knowledgeable, and just had a great small town feel which I appreciate.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
+1 Pipestud.
You are a good person to do business with.

You should have a B&M during your spare time. 8)

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
We have a decent selection at our local b&m. All of the dunhills and Peterson blends are still on the shelf. They recently brought in some of the Comoy blends and will be brining in more, and also have a few Rattrays, Macbaren and Davidoff tins. They also offer a lot of the lane aromatics in bulk but also have some Gh&co and stokkebye, although it is out of stock, the most recent addition to the bulk is the sutliff Virginia slices.

The pipe selection is slow moving. There are good pipes but nothing new very often. The estate cabinet is always changing and features some nice Peterson, savinelli and Stanwell pipes at all times. The prices cannot be beat and the restoration work is done very well.

The cigar selection is decent as well. Lots of the big name brands and all are kept properly in the humidors.

The prices are brutal but are in line with the Canadian market. I wish that the staff were more knowledgeable however. The owner is great and is happy to engage in pipe talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.